Caper Berry Gravy

Monday, May 08, 2006

Random thoughts

Well I've done a bit of baking and cooking and will get around to blogging results. Today is just a collection of things on a food theme.

I got a really nice surprise when I opened my carton of eggs the other day... they had happy faces on them! I am one of those people who check that every egg is intact before purchase and as the faces all happened to be hidden, I didn't discover them until I got home. Probably a good thing as I let out a little squeak of shock when I picked up an egg and it smiled at me, and then squealed with delight when I realised that Sunny Queen Farms had stamped faces on all the eggs - better to do that in the privacy of your own home!

The M&M's publicists have obviously got their green marketing right as I've seen ads everywhere and I thought it was simply the addition of green coloured M&M's to the packs. But I was buying a packet of fundraising chocolates when I saw these mint M&M's! I also then saw big packets of these new green goodies at the shops. I don't know if they're some temporary novelty thing but they're good... a bit like having a mint Aero bar in M&M form?! I just can't have too many at the one time as it's a really sweet hit!


I felt the need to eat something healty and found Sumo Salad. This is the Smoked Salmon & Goat's Cheese salad - "Fillets of glorious Tasmanian salmon, double-smoked, tossed with fresh mixed leaves, and weaved through with the flavours of BBQ potatoes, fresh cucumber, red onion and goat’s cheese. Dressed in an inspired combination of lemon and dill mayonnaise... " Very fancy for a food court salad!

The goat's cheese was really fresh and tasty, the potato slices were unnecessary (undercooked, a bit like cardboard) but the question dear readers is, is it polite to request that your salad maker doesn't mush up your salmon (and everything else in the bowl) whilst breaking it into pieces? I held back so stood there watching him pummel my salmon with a pair of closed tongs, with an expression that could only suggest that he was wondering why a piece of fish was so hard to tear apart. Or maybe the action was in the set of instructions he was following on how to put together a salad.



Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 5/07/2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger lazy cow said…

    I'm totally addicted to the peppermint M&Ms. I'll be very, very upset if they get taken off the market.
    Thanks for the info about Sumo Salad. Next time I'm at Chadstone (which I hope won't be for a long time!) I'll check it out.
    (Did you know there is now a Koko Black chocolate store at Chadstone?)

     
  • At 5/09/2006 08:16:00 AM, Blogger Belinda said…

    I think I ate half the box of mint M&M's in one go yesterday! Koko Black in Chaddie??? Hmmm....

     
  • At 5/10/2006 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Niki said…

    Salad combo sounds amazing! Yummo!

    Mint M&Ms...hmmmm...not such a huge fan of mint (except mint linct balls!). I want to try the dark chocolate M&Ms!

     
  • At 5/10/2006 07:12:00 PM, Blogger Belinda said…

    Oooh.. dark chocolate M&M's. I haven't seen them!

     
  • At 8/21/2006 09:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey just came across your blog and i happen to work in Sumo Salad, Chadstone.

     
  • At 12/04/2006 12:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, mint m&ms? Am gonna have to give these a try!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home