More Byron Bay
- Clean and comfortable, backpacking to private cottages
- Relaxed atmosphere and right by Belongil Beach, 10 minutes walk to the Main Beach in town
- Yoga school is a short walk away
- Onsite cafe serves delicious breakfasts but be prepared to wait, the atmosphere is relaxed
- Must do: Visit the Relax Haven at Belongil Beachouse for a massage and even a float session. The masseuses work magic on sore muscles!
The Byron at Byron
- Wow! You find yourself in a completely different world in this "environmentally sensitive" resort, just check out the website
- Lie back in a lounge chair by the pool as you relax by the edge of the rainforest, soak in your deep, freestanding tub with Sanctum products or lie back and enjoy movies on your plasma TV
- Whilst you're splurging, dinner at "Wild at Byron" is a must. The menu is seasonal; my dinner began with oysters with a sherry and lemon peel vinaigrette and finished with a Sirloin with Cafe de Paris butter. Sadly I couldn't fit in dessert especially when all the tropical sounding items were so enticing. If I go back there I'll have to make room for the degustation menu; the baked salmon with burnt blood orange sauce caught my eye and although there'll be another item in future, I know the alternative won't disappoint.
On the way
We travelled from Coolangatta and on the way back, stopped by Tropical Fruit World. I get excited by the fact that people have bothered to create "giant" objects and the purpose of stopping here was to see the Giant Avocado at the front! You can also admire the wide array of tropical fruit for sale and a park admission ticket even gives you access to things such as the plantation safari and jungle riverboat cruise. Next time...
Labels: Travel - Australia